Category Archives: Blog
The Best Way To Make A Crossbow
So you want to make your very own crossbow. This page is going to act as resource for just how to do that. Having a homemade bow is pretty cool, and I have made a few myself.
If you just want to buy a really nice one, check out our buyer’s guide and reviews here, or just keep reading to learn the best way to build a crossbow.
Guide to Making Your Own Crossbow
1. Decide on the style that you want (click here to view styles)
- Are you looking for old school?
- Do you want to get medieval?
- Are you looking for something new?
- Are you actually looking to shoot real arrows?
- Are you going to hunt with it?
2. Decide which way you want to learn.
- There are quite a few blueprints online that will be useful if you like to learn this way (if you want to learn using video, just scroll down).
Crossbow Blueprints in Print
- Here is a pdf of a June 1944 Popular Mechanics magazine that gives you directions to create a really nice crossbow. Even though this info is from the 40’s it is still quite detailed. This plan is for making a nice bow so plan on spending a little money with this one.